Being both versatile and effortless, protein powder is a great way to increase your daily protein intake.
Most people add their protein powder either to water or milk with fruits, peanut butter, or nuts which is a great option for those on the run. But if you, like us, have grown tired of protein shakes, we’ve got some amazing recipes for you! Protein powders are super easy to toss into the food you’re already eating – so you can have your cake and eat it too!
Protein powders can be flavoured or unflavored. Flavoured protein powders can be a great swap for sweeteners in your food. Unflavored protein powders, like our Plant Protein Powder, are a nutrient-rich blank slate without any limitations for the little food scientist in you.
The 5 Ingredient Protein Pancake
First from our list of protein powder recipes comes this delicious, healthy and super easy protein pancake recipe which has quickly become a Näck favourite! It only contains 5 ingredients, takes 5 minutes to prepare…and 1 minute to eat up. Free from gluten, lactose and added sugar but filled with protein, fiber and healthy energy!
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup oats
- 1 scoop Näck Plant protein powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
Instructions: Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Heat a skillet over medium heat with a dash of coconut oil. Pour ¼ cup of the batter into the skillet and cook on both sides until golden brown. Serve with or without maple syrup and enjoy!
Sweet Summer Smoothie Bowl
This delicious summer smoothie bowl from the mind of our Co-Founder Sahil Marwaha, is the perfect way to beat the Indian summer! Our high-quality plant protein provides a multitude of health benefits and coupled with the antioxidant power from fresh fruits, this is an unbeatable, sweet combination.
“Smoothies don’t taste (and yes, feel) any different at all with a scoop of Näck’s Plant Protein Powder. For anyone with an on the go lifestyle, a tasty and nutritious smoothie can recharge you and get you going and it’s obviously better with 10 grams of essential protein in it.”
– Sahil Marwaha
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 1/2 a cup of papaya
- 3/4 a cup of mango
- 1/2 a cup of pineapple
- 1/2 a cup of cold almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of jaggery sugar
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- 1 scoop of Näck plant protein powder
- 2-3 drops drops of vanilla essence
- 2 grams of ginger
Instructions: Add all ingredients into the mixer and blend until it’s nice and smooth. Serve it in a bowl and top it up with granola, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, and berries of your choice.
Näck Sourdough Loaf
From the creative genius of Chef Sadeev Pasricha comes the Näck Sourdough Loaf – the bread that loves you right back! We know you’ve never thought of bread as a protein source, but just wait until you try this delicious sourdough recipe. The loaf is delicious by itself to have as a side, but you can play around with different topping ideas from avocados, to hummus, or even different types of cheese!
- 76gm Wheat Flour
- 804gm Refined Flour
- 50gm Näck Protein Powder
- 15gm salt
- 684ml water
- 216gm Levain
- In a bowl, mix together wheat flour, refined flour, Näck Protein Powder and water. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Now add salt and levain to the above mix with the Pincer method.
- Give this dough 3-4 folds in an interval of 30 minutes each.
- Refrigerate the dough overnight for 14 hours.
- In the morning, divide and shape the dough in 100gm each for focaccia, or 2 halves for country loaves.
- Proof and cover with a kitchen towel.
- Proofing time: 4 hours at 21 degrees celsius.
- Bake at 245 degrees for 30 minutes with a bowl of hot water inside the oven.
Multigrain Whole Wheat Seeded Pancakes
Last but not least from our list of protein powder recipes comes all the goodness of a yummy pancake, with the health of whole wheat and Näck Plant Protein Powder! The best way to sneak some health into your breakfast for everyone with a sweet tooth, courtesy of the brilliant Chef Megha Agarwal.
- ¾ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 30gm Näck Plant Protein Powder
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Flax Seed Powder
- 2 Pcs Ripe Mashed Bananas
- 2 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup (or Honey)
- 4 drops Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil/Canola Oil/Olive Oil/ Butter
- 1tbsp Mixed Seeds and Dry Berries
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- In a bowl add mashed bananas, oil, almond milk, flax seed powder, maple syrup and vanilla extract and whisk well.
- In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients together – Whole wheat flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon powder and Näck Plant Protein Powder.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a pan and add a few drops of oil. Pour the batter and sprinkle the mixed seeds and berries. Cook as normal.
- Serve hot with jaggery caramel/ mix berry coulis/ maple syrup.
If you try to recreate any of these delectable delights, tag us in your photos – we would love to see them!